Monday, March 29, 2010

I am not a big fan...

So, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I am still loving it here in Valencia and have tons of pictures and stories to share. The bad news is that the fan on my laptop died about 3 weeks ago and it is currently in a repair shop being fixed (I am on the very slow host-family desktop computer). There are currently no official Apple stores in Spain, so I had to find an authorized reseller and they directed me to an authorized service shop. This took up about a week because they weren't open due to the festival of Fallas (Which was ridiculously amazing). Then, in typical Spanish fashion, they told me they would look at it Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning and give me a call. I had heard nothing by Wednesday morning so I called. They said they were still diagnosing the problem (Which was obviously the fan, as I had heard it die a seemingly painful death). I finally heard from them on Thursday afternoon and I found out that the price was much lower than I expected, which was a glorious thing to know. So now, they are ordering the new part and will be calling me when it is done. The super good news is that tomorrow morning I am getting on a train to Barcelona to meet my mom at the airport. We are going to be checking out Barcelona, Pisa, Florence, Cinque Terre, and Valencia. I am very excited to see all of the artwork in Florence and to chill in the beauty of Cinque Terre (Google image it). Thus, I will not be back in Valencia until April 9th and I am hoping my laptop will finally be ready to roll so that I can unload the 800+ pictures from before this post and the crazy amount I will take during this trip. So, my life will start getting more hectic after that as final projects start being due, but I will try to start blogging up a storm and making up the gaps. Thanks for anyone who reads this! ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment